Result-Based Management” is designed to benefit experienced managers from any specialism within your organization who have responsibility for successful execution of programmes and projects. It will develop high level managerial skills that are vital in achieving and sustaining continuous performance improvement.
With the increase in globalization, synergized economies, and the constant emergence of new technologies, businesses have realized the importance of training their management to focus on making sure that every internal program and project achieves its results as planned. As such, this training program enables staff and managers to align, develop and review ongoing planning and reporting that is essential to the success of any public or private program. It provides an understanding of the processes needed to bring different business teams together to manage and measure the outcomes of their respective projects, keep their projects within agreed parameters, and achieve the overall objectives and goals of the business.
What are the most significant parts of this “Results Based Management Training Course”? This training program focuses on the needs of its participants and their respective organizations. The course has been developed to examine key components of Results Based Management including integrated monitoring and evaluation, logical models and strategic results frameworks, the use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making, and efficient reporting mechanisms for key stakeholders. This course will also provide you with an overview of how to define and address complex international problems. This information will help you be more effective working within this complex, historic, and ever-changing industry. You’ll practice planning for results-based management (RBM), a management method that focuses on obtaining results that are outside the control of a program or project but which can be achieved through the production of outputs. Accomplishing this requires careful planning, and you’ll focus throughout the course experience on how this can be done.
Online Learning is rapidly becoming one of the most cost-effective ways to educate the world’s rapidly expanding workforce. – Jack Messman, Former CEO at Novell, Cambridge Technology Partners.
Objectives of taking this course
Upon completing this Results Based Management Training Course successfully, participants will be able to:
- Apply current best practices in Results Based Management
- Demonstrate how to realize the potential for Results Based Management
- Design an approach for Results Based Management involving all stakeholders
- Control Results Based Management projects and measure outcomes
- Enable your teams to apply Results Based Management practices in their respective tasks.
- Set and/or revise the mission statements and strategic objectives of their organizations.
- Identify the key outputs of their organizations.
- Develop performance indicators and measure efficiency and effectiveness of their organizations in delivering the key outputs.
- Develop results frameworks for their organizations.
- Use performance information to improve the working of their organizations.
- Work more effectively as team members.
- Draw up action plans for introducing ROM and/or cascading in their organizations
What you will Learn in this Course
The workshop focuses on the needs of participants’ own organizations. IMA’s model of RBM, developed and refined through years of practitioner experience and applied research, is used to examine the components parts of RBM including:
- logic models and strategic results framework
- integrated monitoring and evaluation
- the use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making
- Meaningful reporting to key stakeholders.
- Define how and where your organization can help solve problems
- Establish accountability in international organizations
- Create a problem statement and establish a time horizon for a program
- Define objectives to be achieved, program outcomes, and measurements
- Identify data sources to evaluate the effectiveness of a program
- Confirm the feasibility of data collection
- Report progress accurately based on data
- Complete the results-based management cycle with evaluation
Requirements for taking this course
Requirements for this course include;
- A working Computer or Laptop
- Mobile devices for mobile course completion
- An internet connection to the study devices
- Knowledge of the English language
Who Should take this course
This Results Based Management Training Course would be suitable for:
- Strategic and Operational Planning Specialists
- Human Resource Managers
- Marketing and Business Development Staff
- Supply Chain Team Members & Managers
- Logistics Team Members & Managers
- Financial Managers
- Professionals involved in planning and reporting at regional or international levels
- Strategic planners, heads of business units, and senior program managers
- Any individual responsible for developing Results Based Management plans in their organization.
After training membership benefits for this course
This course will always be available for all students and can be re-taken for proper understanding of our Learning Management Systems.
No certificates are awarded for this e-Learning Study guide course. Certificates will be awarded for all other skills development courses offered on the platform.
Course Outline: Lessons – Topics – Quizzes