Pre Employment Certificate (PEC)
Pre Employment Certificate (PEC)
Contemporary Employability Skills – Acquire Essential skills for work-readiness with a competitive advantage
The transition from Campus to a corporate environment is a big adjustment for many graduates. Expectations and responsibilities in the workplace are very different from those in Universities, all job seekers need employability skills to meet the uncompromised needs of employers.
In addition, the forces that control the job market have caused a lot of change. The world is rapidly changing and most career models that used to work in the past just don’t work anymore. The whole model of go to school, get better grades then you will be assured of a good job no longer works. Economists teach us that when the supply of something is high it often causes low demands in the market and so is the case with the job market. Universities and other institutions are producing graduates at a high rate than the job market can absorb resulting into increased unemployment.
Job seekers should start developing skills that will get them employed and remain employable because with a high supply of job seekers employers are in control and are left with no option but to seek out for the best of the best.
PEC seeks to advise job seekers across all walks of academic disciplines that getting a dream job in a corporate organization of your choice is very possible and entirely rests in your hands. In Africa our mind-set is too much inclined towards patronage (who you know in the company). Patrimonial job seeking is responsible for poor public and private employee performance. Most graduates cannot stand on their own to confront the Human Resource Managers over their ability and competence to add value to the organization. At the end of this course, you will have built confidence and competences required for your dream job.
Every successful career had a start, signup for PEC One and let’s get you equipped to achieve your dreams.
Every graduate should know that what we term to be luck is when opportunity meets preparation.
What you will Learn in this Course
- Understanding of what employers are looking for in employees
- Assessing your personal strengths and capabilities
- Presenting yourself as an ideal candidate for a job
- Professional Writing skills including CVs, Application letters, Proposals, etc
- Using Interpersonal Skills to enhance personal effectiveness at the workplace.
- You will be familiar with many crucial employability skills
- Ability to turn a job opportunity into career success
- Realize the importance of having a personal brand and how to continuously advance it
- Winning Jobs which require more experience than you have.
- Critical thinking skills
- How to add business value to the organization you intend to work for
- How to manage the probation period after employment
- How you can establish yourself in your new job role
- How to create a personal development plan
- Understanding Job Descriptions and becoming an “A” Performer
- Understanding Workplace ethics and integrity
Requirements for taking this course
This is the best course for you to get equipped with the right pre employment skills that will make you standout. Below are the requirements before course enrollment;
- Completion of the E-Learning Study Guide Course is a must before you start PEC
- There are no academic level restrictions for enrollment. Students should have knowledge of English language.
- Prospective students should have basic Internet usage skills
- Access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Mobile phones or tablets if you intend to study on the go
- Your enthusiasm to learn these vital employability skills
- Have a reasonably defined perspective of the type and level of work you will pursue
Who Should take this course
- Anyone looking to find or secure a job
- University and Tertiary Institutions’ students
- Fresh Employees on probation
- Employees looking to switch careers
- All professionals
All Learningking Academy courses require registration before enrollment and so does PEC. To successfully complete this certificate course and get your PEC authenticated Certificate, you need to complete all the lessons and respective topics. An assessment of your new skills will be done at the end of this course in form of Q and A exams. Once you have successfully completed this course, you will have the option to acquire an official certificate, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Learningking Certificate is;
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers – include in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
All LearningKing Certificates have a unique serial number which can always be verified online. There is no room for falsifying certificates.
LearningKing offers two types of Certificates for completed Certificate Courses;
Digital Certificate – a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your course.
Hard Copy Certificate – a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you.
For further inquiries and support in regard to your certificate, please contact us here.
After training membership benefits for this course
For students interested in continuous career development and coaching, LearningKing offers affordable membership which comes with a number of benefits including;
- Accessing all free courses offered under our membership scheme
- Corporate Coaching and mentorship
- New skills support for all courses including PEC
- Invitation to Learningking Academy workshops, seminars and conferences
- Timely access to reviews of all the courses you have taken.
Get your membership today and enjoy a bouquet of member services and benefits. Click here to signup for LearningKing membership
Why you should take this course
Most employers look for certain skills and qualities in job seekers in addition to academic qualifications. Known as employability skills, these skills may not be job-specific, but they play an important role in improving your performance and value when employed. They can also have measurable impact on your ability to progress in your career. In PEC we explain the employability skills you need to increase your chances of getting your dream job.
This course is not just focused on job search. It’s also transformational thinking to help you understand and apply the concepts of personal branding to establish yourself as being remarkable, become financially independent and do work that matters. After completing this program, you will be able to go from being a passive job searcher looking for work, to an active seller of what you can offer to help someone make money, save money or solve a problem
Since most job seekers TELL what they have done instead of SELL what they can do, you’ll discover ways to effectively conduct a job search promoting yourself as valuable talent using your personal brand. Most information about how to find or change jobs is just focused on the process and offers nothing about how and why you need to establish yourself as talent and have recognizable personal brand. It’s time to heighten personal brand, enroll for PEC and get the essential employability skills to give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace.